Rasmalai is a royal, delicious and rich Indian delicacy & dessert, Rasmalai is a very popular Indian sweet prepared with paneer and cooked in thickened flavored sweet milk.
- 12 rasgulla
- 1/2 cup of condensed milk (adjust to level of sweetness preferred)
- 2 cups of milk (any fat content you prefer)
- 3 green cardamom seeds, powdered
- A few strands of saffron (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp of almonds, pistachios, cashew nuts or a mix of what you have in hand
- Drain the rasgulla from the can and squeeze it to remove the syrup inside rasgulla.
- We can use lemon squeezer to make it squeeze. Be gentle while doing it otherwise rasgulla with crumble.
- You don't have to squeeze out of them, just get most of the syrup out so that our milk mixture can get in and soak up the ragullas nicely.
- Mix the milk and condensed milk and boil it.
- Add the cardamom powder and saffron and boil for 3-4 mins.
- Then add the drained rasgullas and chopped nuts and mix up well and let it simmer together for few more minutes.
- Take out from fire and let it cool down and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Serve chilled Rasmalai with more crushed nuts on top.