Rasgulla is a traditional Bengali Sweet and syrupy dessert more popular in the Indian Subcontinent and parts of South Asian Recipe with Soft & Spongy balls made of Fresh paneer and dipped in Sugar Syrup.. It is favorite among the Indian Snacks.
- Full Fat Milk - 1 liter
- Lemon Juice - 1.5 tblspn
For Sugar Syrup:
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Water - 5 cups
- Compress some lemons and you need 1.5 tblspn of lemon juice, line a sieve with muslin cloth and place it over a big bowl.
- Take milk in a pot and heat it.
- After it gets boiled take off the heat and let it sit up for 1 Minute
- Now Add in Lemon Juice and Mix Gently, Now add in lemon juice and mix gently. The milk will sour. Once greenish whey separates from the milk and milk solids have curdled completely. Strain it in the sieve.
- Then take a Bowl of Cold Water and wash the Chenna well and rinse it well with 3 changes of water.
- And Squeeze it gently with hands and remove excess whey water. Then tie a knot and hang it over a tap and leave it to drain for 30 minutes
- After 30 Minutes take the Chenna in a bowl and knead it gently by rubbing with palms and knuckles until you get soft dough in it.
- Once dough gets soft, take a small portion and roll it in palms gently till you get a smooth ball of rasgullas. Repeat this with the remaining dough as well.
- Now Take a sugar and water in a pot and mix well so that the sugar is melted. Once sugar gets melted put it on stove so that It come to a rolling boil.
- Now drop the balls into the sugar water and cover it with a tight lid and cook it for 8 to 10 minutes till the ball has tripled in volume. Now take it off the heat and let it sit for 15 minutes
- Now open the lid and transfer it to a bowl and chill it for 5 to 6 hours.
- Serve the Rasgullas Chilled