Egg Curry Recipe
Eggs are very high in protein. Many vegetarians will also eat eggs even though they do not eat meat.
This egg curry features a sauce which is typical of the masalas in South India Egg Curry is North Indian in Origin, the yummy curry can be made in a jiffy, as it is very easy and made to the taste we want. There are several different styles for making Egg curry. To make this spicy dish, cook the eggs in oil, add tomatoes and other vegetables and serve over a steaming hot mount of basmati rice.
The Super Spicy Egg Curry is best served with Basmati Rice, Naan, Roasted Pappadum, Paratha's, Chapati's or Rice. Home Made Yoghurt and you can even include this dish in your holiday banquet. .Serve Egg Curry with a vegetable side dish and rice.
This Egg Curry Recipe is reminiscent of the delicious egg curries.. It uses tamarind, coconut, curry leaves and other savory spices. Spicy Dish made from Boiled Egg can cook under 15 minutes.
Preparation of Egg Curry
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 5 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- 2 medium sized onion cut into quarters
- 3 medium sized tomatoes cut into quarters
- 2 green chillies
- 2 tsps garlic paste
- 2 tsps ginger paste
- 2 tsps coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves to garnish
- 2 potatoes cut into 1" cubes (optional)
- Prep Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 0 minutes
- Heat 2 tbsps of the cooking oil in a deep pan and when hot, add the onions. Fry till slightly golden. Turn off the fire. Use a slotted spoon to remove the onions from the pan and put them in a food processor. Grind the onions, tomatoes, green chillies into a smooth paste. Try not to add water while grinding, if possible.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan and add the paste you just made to it when it is hot. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic pastes, all the dry spices, mix and fry till the oil begins to separate from the masala (onion-tomato-spice mix).
- Now add 2 cups of warm water to this masala and bring to a boil on a medium flame.
- If adding potatoes to the curry, add them now and cook till half done.
- Half slit the boiled eggs vertically and add them gently to the gravy. Simmer the flame and cook for 10 minutes or till the gravy is thickened/ reduced to about 3/4 of the original quantity (when you added the water). If you have added potatoes they should ideally be cooked by now.
- Turn off the fire and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with rice and a vegetable side dish.