Chum Chum Recipe
Chum chum is also known as cham cham recipe is one of the delicacies of Bengal. It is oval shaped sweet which are cooked in a sugar syrup just like the rasgulla, it is a delicious Indian recipe served as a dessert.
- Cheese - 300 gms
- Maida (Plain Flour) - 2 tblsp
- Cardamom Powder - 2 tsp
- Sugar - 1 1/2 cups
- Unsweetened Condensed Milk - 200 gms
- Yellow Food Colour - few drops (optional)
- Saffron Strands - little
- Pistachios - few, crushed (or)
- Desiccated Coconut - few
- Heat up to 3 to 4 cups of water in a pan with over medium flame and add sugar and stir it well until it gets fully dissolved.
- When it has reached syrup stability, add the edible food color and mix it well.
- Make sure the sugar is not too thick, it should be of thin consistency.
- Decrease the flame.
- Then Mix Cheese and Maida in a bowl and make small balls and shape them into oval shape balls.
- Gently drop those small balls into the sugar syrup and simmer it for some minutes.
- Switch off the Flame and remove it and when the syrup has cooled down, take away the chum chum balls and place them on a plate.
- Mix Saffron Strands, cardamom powder and condensed milk in a bowl, Spread this items over the chum chums.
- Decorate the Chum chums with pistachios and Serve at room temperature or Chillled.