Chicken 65 is a type of fried chicken. Chicken 65 dish originating from Chennai(Madras)as a quick meal. You can serve it with bread or roti. Chicken 65 is a spicy, red, deep fried chicken chunks usually served as snack, entrée or quick appetizer accompanied by onion slices, slit green chilies and lemon wedges.
Chicken 65 is a very versatile dish. Chicken is pretty popular in South Asian countries because of the flavor. Serve the Chicken 65 with a hot and sizzling poori or paratha. The chicken pieces are juicy, tender, aromatic and oh-so-hot.
It seems like Chicken recipe was popular during 1965 at the famous Buhari hotel in Chennai. Another source says that there were 65 chillies used for a particular quantity of chicken.
Similar Chicken 65 Recipes:
- Pepper Chicken
- Badami (Almonds) Chicken
- Chicken Doh Pyaza
- Butter Chicken / Murgh Makhani
- Tikkas – Chicken & Paneer
Chicken 65 Recipe:
- 2 lb Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp All spice, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom
- 1-1/2 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 -1/2 tsp Ginger paste
- 2 tsp Red chilies powder
- 2 tsp All-purpose flour
- 1 Egg
- 4 Drops food coloring, red
- 2 Cups yoghurt
- 12 Green chilies
- 2 tsp Cornflour
- 3 tsp Lime juice
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Onions, for garnishing
- Take a bowl and mix corn flour, all purpose flour, ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, egg,all spice and salt to thick batter.
- Add water
- Add chicken pieces to the batter and marinate for about one hour.
- Deep fry the marinated chicken pieces till they turn golden.
- Take a sauce pan and heat 4 tsp oil.
- Add fried chicken pieces, slit chillies, yogurt, red color and salt if desired.
- Fry for about 4 to 5 minutes and remove it from the heat.
- Now add lime juice, mix well and garnish it with onions.