Moong dal ka halwa Recipe
In North India there is a sweet that has been a longtime favorite of everyone's. Moong dal ka halwa is one of the best of the traditional Indian desserts..
- 1 1/2 cup - moong dal (soaked)
- 1 1/2 litre - milk
- 1 cup - sugar
- 3/4 cup - mawa (well crumpled)
- 1/2 tsp - saffron soaked in a little milk
- 5 nos - cardamoms (powdered)
- 6 tbsp - ghee
For the Filling:
- Grind moong dal coarsley.
- Heat ghee in a thick bottomed dekchi and fry the dal till golden.
- Add milk and cook till the milk has been absorbed.
- Add mawa and cook on a low fire, stirring continuously till the dal and the mawa are well blended.
- Remove from the fire and keep aside.
- Make sugar syrup of one thread consistency, add saffron and cardamom powder to it.
- Add the fried dal to the syrup and stir quickly till it mixes well.
- If you want you can add thin silvers of blanched almonds.