Dal Makhani Bukhara Recipe
Dal Makhani is an amazing dish prepared with lentils and beans combined with fresh cream (malai), spiced and cooked to get a creamy texture that enhances the flavor of the dish. ..
- 120gms urad dal (whole)
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 cup cream
- 30 gms rajma
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- salt to taste
- Wash the lentils in running water and soak overnight. Drain.
- Put the drained lentils in a pot, add salt and water (approximately 1.5 litres), bring to a boil, cover and simmer, until the lentils are cooked and two-thirds of the liquid has evaporated.
- Mash the lentils against the sides of the pot with a wooden spoon. Add ginger-garlic paste, tomato puree, chilli powder and two tablespoon butter.
- Stir and cook for 45 minutes, add cream, stir and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove into a bowl, garnish with the remaining butter.