Chana Bhatura Recipe
Chana bhature is a popular punjabi recipe. this Chana recipe has little spicy flavors which goes very well with this easy bhature recipe..
- All Purpose Flour / maida - 2 cups
- yeast - 1 sachet
- sugar - 1 tsp
- salt - to taste
- yogurt/ curds - 1 cup
- oil - 2 tbsps
- ajwain seeds -1 tsp
- White Chana - 1 1/2 cups soaked atleast 5-6 hours
- chopped onions - 1
- chopped tomatoes- 1
- tomato sauce - 2 tbsps
- chopped green chillies -2-3 nos.
- roasted cumin seeds powder -1 tbsp (fresh)
- roasted coriander seeds pdr - 1tbsp (fresh)
- chilli pdr. 1 tbsp
- corriander pdr - 1 tbsp
- tamarind paste - 1 tsp
- salt to taste
- sugar - a pinch
- garam masala - 1 tsp
- ginger thin long slices to garnish
- cinnamon sticks-2 nos
- bay leaves -3-4 nos.
- long-4-5 nos. black pepper whole -4-5 nos.
- Take yeast and soak in luke warm water for 5-10 minutes
- Take all other ingredients and mix well. To this add the yeast and make a soft dough like for chappatis. If need be add a little water and keep aside for 4-5 hours, the longer kept, the better it is.
- Fry hot when ready to eat. Roll like puri but this needs to be kept thicker than poori
- Cook chana in a pressure cooker and give about 5-6 whistles or till chana is tender to cut with a fork.
- Smash the chanas a little with the ladle only and to this add salt ,sugar, chopped onions, tomatoes and chillies. Also add the cumin and coriander powder and tamarind and let simmer for some time.
- In a small wok, add a little oil about 2 tbsps and when it is hot add the cumin seeds, bay leaves, long, black pepper and cnnamon sticks. Turn off the burner and immediately add chilli powder , coriander powder and garam masala.
- Add this to the simmering chanas and coverfor the flavor to absorb.
- Serve hot garnished with ginger with fried bhaturas.