Chura Bhuja Recipe
Chura Bhuja is the Bihari word for flattened rice, calledchiwra elsewhere in north India..
- Chura – 1 cup
- Peas – 250 grams, semi-boiled
- Vegetable oil – 1 tsp, for roasting the chura
- Mustard oil – 1 tsp, for cooking the peas
- Amchoor (dry mango) powder – a pinch
- Salt – to tastel
- Green chilli – 1, chopped
- Heat the vegetable oil in a kadhai on high flame. When hot, set flame to medium and slide the chura into it.
- Keep stirring continuously till the chuda begins to turn golden (around 5 minutes). Switch off the flame and mix salt.
- In a non-stick pan, heat mustard oil. Put in the green chilli pieces. When they begin to turn color put in the peas and cook on low flame for around 5 minutes.
- Mix amchoor powder, salt and cook for another couple of minutes.
- In a bowl, put in equal quantities of chura bhuja and peas. Serve with steaminghot tea.