Chicken Curry Recipe
This style of cooking chicken is quite common in north eastern part of India i.e. Jharkhand and Bihar and therefore we can also name it as "Bihari Murga jhor"..
- 2 tspn jeera, 2 tejpatta (bay leaf), 5-6 tbspn mustard oil,
- 1 tbspn ginger-garlic paste, 2 tspn turmeric powder, 3 tspn red chilli powder,
- 1 tbspn coriander powder, 1 tspn garam masala powder,
- 1 tbspn chicken masala, salt to taste.
- Wash twice chicken and keep aside. Mix all the spices(powdered) along with ginger-garlic paste in a small bowl. Add 2-3 spoon water to it.
- Heat thick-bottomed kadai for 2 minutes on a low flame. Add oil. Add jeera, tejpatta and dry red chilli(split in two pieces). Add Onion. Saute it for 7-8 minutes.
- Once onion turns reddish brown add chicken to it. Saute n Cook for next 10-12 minutes.
- Do not leave it unattended.
- Add spice-paste n again saute for next 10 minutes. Add Salt. Cover the kadai with a lid n cook for next 2 minutes on low flame.
- Boil 400 ml water. Add this water to chicken . Let it boil. Now cook for next 10-12 minutes on low flame. Your Chicken Curry is ready to serve.