Chawal ki kheer Recipe
Rice Kheer or rice pudding is a very common dish in Bihari cuisine. The speciality of Bihari kheer is the quantity of rice used is more than usual..
|Milk - 1 ltr|
|Basmati Rice - 1/2 cup|
|Ghee (Clarified Butter) - 1 tspn|
|Sugar - 3/4th cup|
|Almonds (Badam) - 15-20|
|Pistachio (Pista) - 2 tblspn|
|Nutmeg powder (Jaiphal Powder) - grated - 2 pinch|
|Green cardamom powder (Hari elaichi powder) - 1/2 tspn|
|Saffron strands -(Kesar) a pinch + a little pinch for the garnish.|
- Wash basmati rice and soak it for half an hour. Drain and keep it aside. Heat ghee in a vessel and roast the rice to a pinkish colour.
- Keep it aside.
- In a deep vessel boil milk. reduce the milk by boiling and keep stirring. When reduced to half add rice and sugar. Stir well. Reduce flame and let it simmer. Keep stirring.
- Add saffron and stir well.
- Add nutmeg powder and Green cardamom powder. Keep simmering and stirring on very low flame.
- Add pistachio very finely chopped. Mix and stir.Add Almonds very finely chopped. Keep stirring .
- When the consistency gets thick switch off the gas.
- Let it cool. When cooled mix well again. Transfer into serving bowls.
- Sprinkle cardamom and nutmeg powder. Sprinkle pistachio finely chopped. Sprinkle crushed saffron.
- Now Rice Kheer is Ready.