Bihari Paratha Recipe
Bihari Paratha is tasty and healthy parathas made with gram lentil and clarified butter, It serves as an occasional healthy breakfast..
- Paratha Dough(make it a little hard so that rolling the parathas gets easy)
- 2 cups sattu ka aata
- 2-3 small onions very finely chopped
- 3-4 green chillies finely chopped
- 6-7 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger cube finely chopped
- 2 tbsp niggela seeds(kala jeera)
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- 2 tbsp oil from any mango pickel
- juice of 3 lemons(depends on your palletes)
For the Filling:
- Mix all the ingredients well and adjust salt and lemon juice according to your taste, you may increase the oil or pickle oil content to make it a bit manageble.
For the parathas:
- Make parathas as mentioned in my aloo paratha recipe, you will find more detailed pictures for steps for making parathas.
- A good tip: Before adding the filling inside the dough, apply some oil on the inner side of the cup shaped dough, this would help in containing the filling inside, and each paratha puffs properly.
- Sattu parathas are best accompanid with Baingan bharta and Dahi and pickle.