Pesarattu is a popular breakfast dish in Andhra Pradesh which is usually served with upma on top and allam pachadi/ginger chutney.
- 1 cup - Whole green gram / Green moong dhal / Pachapayaru
- 1/4 cup - Raw rice / Pacharisi
- 2 nos - Green chillies
- 1 tsp or 1/2 inch piece - Ginger chopped
- 2 pinches - Asafoetida
- Salt as needed
- Wash and soak green gram, raw rice each separately for up to 5 to 6 hours. Set aside.
- Transfer soaked green gram and raw rice to a mixer grinder with green chillies, ginger, asafoetida and required salt, grind to a smooth paste, set it aside.
- Consistency of batter should not be too thick or too thin (It should be like our regular dosa batter consistency). Keep the batter aside for at least 2 hours before making dosai.
- Take a small mixing bowl, add chopped onion and cumin seeds, mix it well and set it aside.
- Heat a dosa tawa and spread the batter like we make for adai dosai. Drizzle oil and cook on both the sides till golden brown. Spread onion mixture on top of the dosai and Serve hot with coconut or spicy ginger chutney.