Peas Masala Recipe
Peas masala recipe is a new recipe tried in my kitchen and it turned out very well and very different from the usual onion tomato based gravy i make. Try out this easy peas masala recipe , an easy and rich peas gravy , and enjoy with Jeera rice or Phulkas| Rotis.
- GREEN PEAS* 1 CUP
- ONION 2
- TOMATO 1
- CORIANDER LEAVES ONE HAND FUL
- GREEN CHILLI 3-4
- CASHEW NUTS 5-6
- YOGURT|CURD 1 TBLSP
- KASOORI METHI 2 PINCHES
- GARLIC 2 PODS
- MILK 1/2 CUP
- GARAM MASALA 2 PINCHES
- OIL 2 TBLSP
- Chop the onions and tomato roughly. In a pan, add 1 tsp of oil and add the onions, tomatoes , coriander leaves, green chilli and garlic and saute for a few minutes.
- Soak the cashew in warm water for 10 minutes and grind this along with yogurt into a smooth paste.
- Grind the onion tomato mixture into a fine paste.
- In a pan add oil and add the onion paste and add the cashew yogurt paste. Mix well and saute for few minutesin a low flame.
- Add the garam masala.
- Saute well in a low flame till the oil leaves on the sides.
- Now add the peas. [*If adding fresh peas, cook this separately and add. I used frozen peas.]
- Add the milk and little water to this to get a gravy consistency. Add salt.
- Cover and cook for few minutes till the peas gets cooked(if using frozen peas) and to get the masala blended with the gravy.
- Add kasoori methi in the last and coriander leaves to garnish.
- Enjoy this with hot rotis as we did. Even my little one loved with pooris.