Challa Upma Recipe
Challa(Buttermilk/Curd/Yogurt) Upma which is very easy and delicious which is really good.
- Rice floor - 2 cups
- Yogurt/buttermilk - 4 cups
- onions - 2(small)or 1(large)
- jeera - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal(minapappu) - 1 tsp
- Chenna(pacchi senaga)pappu - 1 tsp
- red chillies - 2
- Curry leaves - 5
- Chillies - 4
- salt - as per taste
- Turmeric powder - if required
- oil - 11/2 table sp
- First batter the yogurt just like buttermilk and add rice floor to the batter yogurt just like dosa mix, then keep aside.
- Then heat a kadai in a stove, after heating add oil,urad dal,chenna,mustard seeds,red chillies let them turn lite brown.
- Then add chopped onions,chillies and curry leaves and fry them until onions turn lite brown.Then add mixture of yogurt and rice floor, turmeric powder and salt.Put a lid.
- Let it cook for 10 min .If necessary add water.
- Hot and Yummy Challa upma is ready. Serve with cocunut chutney or pappodi