Billa Kudumulu Recipe
This item is prepared very few house holds in Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Rayalaseema. This is also known as Tavilla billalu. The recipe sounds so simple yummy in taste when compared with regular breakfasts. It can be eaten for dinner as well
- Rice 3 cups
- Toor dal 1 cup
- Salt according to taste.
- Rice and Toor dal needs to be made into coarse powder in 3:1 ratio.
- Add 3 cups of water, add 1/2 tbsp of oil and required salt. Let it boil.
- Simmer the flame add 1 cup of rice and toor dal mix slowly and Let it cook for 5 minute and Stir it well.
- At final stage it looks like upma. Let it cool for some time.
- Mix well with your hands.
- Next grease your hands with little oil.
- Take a small ball of dough round and flatten or oval shaped and keep aside.
- Take tick bottom tawa, let it heat on medium heat, add 2 tbsp of oil, place these prepared billakudumulu on tawa.
- Apply oil on both sides and fry both sides till golden brown in color and crispy.
- It takes little more time but tastes yummy yummy.